Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pie Box Candle

I found these cute little pumpkin pie candles in the dollar bin at the craft store.  This is the pie box I created to hold them.  I changed out the ribbon they had with some pumpking pie ribbon.  They had other "flavors" as well. Can't wait to make more!

Instructions:

For the box insert that holds the Pie:
I used a 5x5 piece of CS and scored all 4 sides at 1/2 inch.
I then cut out the square of each corner.
Last, I used the 2.5" circle punch to create a spot for the pie to sit.

For the box:
I started with a 7x11 piece of CS. 
Holding the paper vertical, score 1.5" from the left and the right.
Holding the paper horizontal, score at 1.5", 5.5", and 7".  Cut in on the side pieces as shown below. 
Here is the template.


Hope that helps.  If you have any questions, just let me know!

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! Is there any way you share how you made the box and the insert to hold the candle? I would love to make some for my family in Puerto Rico! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please share the instructions! My husband brought some home for me to do "something" with. I was just going to change out the tags and ribbon but your box is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for sharing your directions! This is soo ADORABLE! You did an AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea...now to figure out where to find some! And cheers to the husband who brought candle pies home....!!!! Thanks for the template and directions - this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete